To withstand the heavy loads put upon compact saltwater reels by today's super lines, Saltist reels feature all-metal construction, starting with a rigid aluminum alloy frame and side plates. The combination of rigid drive train support and gear ratio give the reels a serious advantage in both torque and speed. They not only pull in over a yard of line with every handle turn, winding power is up to 30% greater than similar reels. Four ball bearings and a roller bearing add efficiency to the drive train support, with Daiwa's special CRBB anti-corrosion ball bearings supporting the spool. The CRBB bearings are said to last up to 12 times longer in a saltwater environment than ordinary stainless steel ball bearings.
Further refinements to handle the extra strength of the braided lines include a dual anti-reverse mechanism that combines both infinite anti-reverse and a multi-stop system for even greater reliability. The drag is also beefed up, combining stainless and grease impregnated fiber washers in a wet system that delivers up to 22% greater drag max than similar reels.
* Rugged, all-metal construction with rigid, one-piece aluminum frame.
* Total of 4 ball bearings plus 1 roller bearing.
* CRBB shielded Corrosion Resistant Ball bearings on the spool.
* Powerful, high strength alloy gears.
* Up to 30% greater winding power.
* Super Drag with up to 22 pounds of drag max.
* Dual Anti-Reverse Systems.
* Dual position power handle.
* Aluminum reel clamp.
* Full metal construction. Virtually all components are metal for maximum reliability.
* Up to 22% Greater Drag Max! Stainless and grease impregnated fiber washers offer super-smooth drag with up to a 22% greater drag max than similar reels.
* Up to 30% more winding Power! Saltist gears are machined from Daiwa's exclusive, high strength alloy stock for a perfect match of strength and smooth feel. With a powerful ratio and rigid support, they deliver up to 30% more winding power than similar reels.
Line Capacity (lbs/yds): Monofilament - 20/30 25/240 30/200
Braided - 40/600 50/360